Buttons with badges.
The current web interface is the ideal way to use Stack Exchange apps. I intend to improve this experience for Safari users with a "Safari Extension" which enhances the current web experience in a number of ways:
- Buttons which take you directly to the appropriate web site, and shows your reputation points as a badge value (can be seen in screen shot).
- Extension bars which contain an overview of your account including rep points, badge count, and possibly more (still working on it).
- Scripts which add functionality to the site, such as question "quick view" which provides a look at a question without navigating away from the home page.
- Stats at a glance: see your reputation points and badges.
- Enhanced experience: quick view allows you to see questions without navigating away from the home page.
- Easy linking with account: most stack apps require you to input your user ID. The Safari extension enhances the site with a link when you are signed in which automatically associates your account with the extension.
I will provide a "latest" link as well as links for each version during development.
To be honest, this bit is partially my list of "things to fix" and partially for your information.
user preferences are not being read and changing them has no effect badges are for my account, and cannot be changed yet
- the extension bars are not operational yet
- the initial lookup is performed, but even though all the badges are being updated, the value is not shown for a while sometimes.
- clicking the buttons will always open the site in a new tab. it should ideally open in the current window if it is empty.