This site supports the API for a family of Q&A websites all based on the Stack Exchange engine. Notable sites running the Stack Exchange engine include …
- Stack Overflow – for software developers
- Server Fault – for system administration and desktop support professionals
- Super User – for computer enthusiasts and power users
- All other sites in the Stack Exchange network
… with hopefully many more to come! All launched sites support our standard API.
How do I use this site?
- Find cool applications and browser scripts that use our API
- Browse the FAQs to learn how the API works
- Get your own API key
- Ask questions about how the API works, or how to script against our engine
- Provide feedback on and vote for the applications and scripts listed here
- Tell us about bugs or problems with the API
- Suggest improvements to the API
- Propose new features for the API
Lots of topics are fair game, as long as they are about the Stack Exchange API, applications that use the Stack Exchange API, or scripts that work on the Stack Exchange network of websites.
Who are the moderators?
We believe moderation starts with the community itself, so in addition to privileges earned through reputation, we periodically hold democratic moderator elections. If the site is not yet large enough to support an election, we will appoint likely moderators from within the community.
The following users are our current community moderators:
Please see A Theory of Moderation for information on our moderation philosophy.
How can I learn more?
Check out the Help Center. And feel free to contact us about any issues with our sites.