Obsolete: Links are dead; no source code.
Stack Exchange Notifier is a handy extension for Google Chrome browser that displays your current reputation, badges on Stack Exchange sites and notifies you on reputation's changes. You will now get notified of comments on your own posts (questions and answers) and of any comments that refer to you by @username in a comment, even if you do not own the post (aka mentions). All Stack Exchange sites are supported.
Google Chrome browser extension
Created by me (Vladislav Tserman). I'm available at: vladjan (at) gmail.com
Follow Stack Exchange Notifier on twitter to get notified about news and updates: http://twitter.com/se_notifier
Written in Java, Google Web Toolkit under Eclipse Helios.
Stack Exchange Notifier uses the Stack Exchange API and is powered by Google App Engine for Java.
I will be porting extension to not use app engine back-end due to some limitations. New versions of the extension will be making direct calls to Stack Exchange API right from your browser. Please do not expect new versions of the extension any time soon. Sorry.
Read more about limitations here Google App Engine [app]s - We are all on the same quota! and here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3949815
Currently, you may sometimes experience some issues using extension, but most users will have no problems. You may notice too many errors in the logs, but there is nothing I can do with this now. Thanks for using my little app, thanks to all of you it still works in spite of many issues with API
Version 184.108.40.206 - Thursday, October 14, 2010
- Bug fix release (back-end improvements)
Version 220.127.116.11 - Thursday, October 07, 2010
- Bug fix release (high rate of occasional API errors were noticed so some fixes added to handle them were possible)
Version 18.104.22.168 - Tuesday, October 05, 2010
- Mostly bug fix release, back-end performance improvements
- You will now get notified of comments on your own posts (questions and answers) that are not older than 1 year and of any comments that refer to you by @username in a comment, even if you do not own the post (aka mentions). This is experimental feature, let me know if you like/need it.
- New 'All sites' view displays all websites from Stack Exchange network (part of new feature that is not finished yet)
Version 1.2.9 - Saturday, September 25, 2010
- Fixes an issue when some users got empty Account view.
- When hovering on @Username on account view the title now displays '@Username on @SiteName' to easily understand the site name
Version 1.2.7 - Wednesday, September 22, 2010
- Fixed an issue with notifications.
- Minor improvements
Version 1.2.5 - Tuesday, September 21, 2010
- Fixed an issue where some characters in response payload raised an exception when parsing to JSON.
v1.2.3 (Sunday, September 19, 2010)
- Support for new OpenID providers was added (Yahoo, MyOpenID, AOL)
- UI improvements - Several minor defects were fixed
v1.2.2 (Thursday, September 16, 2010)
- New types of notifications added. Now extension notifies you on comments that are directed to you. Comments are expandable, so clicking on comment title will expand height to accommodate all available text.
- UI and error handling improvements
Application still in beta stage. I hope you're not having any problems, but if you are, please let me know. Leave your feedback and bug reports in comments. I'm available at: vladjan (at) gmail.com.
I'm working on adding new features.
I want to hear from the users and incorporate as much feedback as possible into the extension.
Any suggestions for improvements/features to add?