Our site is a bit special and different in some places compared to "regular" sites in the Stack Exchange network.
- We are are both a Meta and a Main site.
- We have a special API documentation widget in our sidebar
- We have different tabs on our home page.
These are all extra goodies that makes Stack Apps special.
But we are also missing out on one aspect.
The Community Bulletin. You know that widget that shows featured posts from your own site-meta and the über-Meta:
We do have a featured tag but it is of no use except for being able to tag a question with a bit more eye-candy like tag. Not being able to bring a post in front of our visitors' eyes when it is warranted or even needed is something that bothers me a bit.
That is why I asked Catija if having the community bulletin enabled on Stack Apps is even possible. And that got a kind-of confirmation from Yaakov with the small caveat that featured posts on Stack Apps would not show up :/.
So, here is the question:
- If shining a light on one or two questions is a good idea and the Community Bulletin could offer that functionality, do we ask the Stack Exchange dev team to fix the small bug that prevents the bulletin to work as intended?
- Once the bug is fixed, do we ask a CM to enable it on Stack Apps for the purpose of bringing attention to posts that deserve it?
Thoughts? Counter arguments? Better ideas? There is an answer box below this question that takes 30,000 characters.