Project Live here
Read about project here
Opensourced at Github
What is stackdigest?
Stackdigest is a webapp to implement quora like features for stackoverflow which will help in growth of user's knowledge. It constructs a feed which has commonly asked/trending questions on stackoverflow. Through this user can get through most common problems of computer programming and avoid them which would save user's time too.
For instance take the above article, how the writer has explained that most popular questions on stackoverflow are related to simple problems. So on this analysis stackdigest shows most popular /trending so that the user does not waste his time over common issues.
What is 'my space' and 'all space' ?
My space shows the user articles related to his interests which are taken from his stackoverflow active 'tags' like each user can see his active tags from his stackoverflow's profile section like:
All space shows the user all popular articles irrespective of his interests.
How to Setup locally for contributing?
Clone the repo then either import the database using stackdigest.sql from repository or create database named 'stackdigest.sql' and provide credentials in files: hibernate.cfg.xml and application.properties and then run
mvn install and
mvn spring-boot:run then uncomment @Scheduled from StackDigestApplication.java for automated insertion
- MySQL has been used as database. Search indexing as BTree has been done for optimisation and BCNF normalisation has been done.
- EH-Cache has been used for in-memory database optimisation to reduce load on MySQL and make common queries faster.
- Spring-Boot Used to fetch REST content from stackoverflow's API and build a webapp for stackdigest.
- Spring Security with JPA Used to handle security features and OAuth of Stackdigest.
- Hibernate Hibernate has been used as ORM for interactions with MySQL.
- Thymeleaf template engine has been used for serving HTML content.