'Saviour' of Lost Souls
Meta Stack Exchange sees a lot of 'lost souls', users who have no idea that they're on Meta (e.g. because of a suboptimal email or a Stack Overflow question ban) and post a question which might or might not be on-topic on another Stack Exchange site. For many Meta regulars, moderating these questions involves one or more of the following steps:
- downvoting the question (because it needs to have a score of -3 or lower for fast deletion)
- flagging or voting to close the question as off-topic
- leaving a comment in the following style:
Welcome to Meta! I'm not sure which search brought you here but the problem you describe will not be answered on this specific site. To get an answer from users that have the expertise about the topic of your question you'll have to find and then re-post on the proper site. Check How do I ask a good question and What is on topic on the target site to make sure your post is in good shape. Your question is definitely off-topic on Meta and is better deleted here.
- if the question is closed, vote to delete it
To minimize the effort involved in this process, I've created the 'Saviour' of Lost Souls. This userscript will add a link to the post menu, which (upon confirmation) will perform the applicable actions.
- Install the userscript with this direct link.
developed & tested with Violentmonkey on Firefox