I am new to oauth 2.0. What i am trying to achieve is following
- I have a google api based oauth authentication in place
- On top I fetch the gmail email address and verify if this address is present in my company database or not, based on that I give access to the user to the application. First question, if this approach can be considered as a version of authentication or is it still authorization? (or just a hack!!)
- Now i need to have a oauth login based on stackexchange api
- I am at a point where I can fetch the access token with each calls,Next question, now is it possible to fetch the user details like username or registered email id
- so I can validate if this user should be given access to my app or not even if he has a valid open Id.
Thank you in advance. I am puzzled with this for few days now, some suggestion will be helpful.