Is it (or would it be) possible to get the same
access_token from one
fetch_token request to another, provided that the user is the same?
- An anonymous user authenticates with Stack Exchange on my website
- He does some stuff which I save in my db (for instance he says he likes blue)
- The day after, he visits my website again with another browser/computer
- He tries to authenticate with his Stack Exchange account again
- Obviously, I want to make sure that he logs on my site with the account he created in 1.
access_token given in 4. will be different than the one given in 1. which has the following downsides:
- Each time someone logs in my website with his Stack Exchange account, I can't simply use the
access_tokento check if the user already exists in my db. I have to make one more request to get his
account_idand check with that
- Which in turn, also forces me to store Stack Exchange's
account_idin my db