Obsolete - coded for decommissioned version of the API. This app unmaintained since Feb 2011. Source code still available; all other links dead or empty.
I'm not actively maintaining Droidstack anymore, I guess real life just got in the way. Being in college and having a full time programming job leaves no room for hobby projects. Also, ever since the mobile-optimized web UI launched, I felt there was no need for an app like this anymore. Thus, I might be removing Droidstack from Google Play Store soon. I'll leave the open-source project up, so if anyone's willing to pick up where I left, be my guest (and please let me know).
In the future (once I finish college this summer), I'd like to either pick up development on Droidstack, or create a new, simpler app that only offers what the web UI doesn't (e.g. notifications).
To get Droidstack, either:
- Search the Android Market on your phone for "Droidstack"
- Go to Droidstack's Android Market page
- Open the URL
market://details?id=org.droidstackon your phone
- Download an .apk file from the downloads section of Droidstack's Google Code site and install it via ADB
- Scan this QR code:
Integrate with Droidstack! Check out how.
- Chat support!
- UI improvements: internalized and improved drawables
- Usability: Don't load all sites anymore, instead provide a sites picker
- Bugfix: Make notifications actually work (sorry about that)
- Other code improvements
- Small UI improvements: headers for question and answer lists
- Bugfixes and improvements
- New icon again (people complained it was not representative of the app)
- Sites list now lists all available sites, with the possibility to "bookmark" some of them (picture)
- Share question feature
- Some improvements and bugfixes
- New users activity, similar to stackoverflow.com/users
- Picking a user is much simpler, you don't have to know your user ID anymore
- More intents available for developers! You can use Droidstack to have the user pick a certain question, answer, tag or user and use it in your app! Check it out
- New icon courtesy of androidicons.com
- Clickable tags everywhere
- Better search UI, autocomplete for tags
- New menu option in question lists that allows you to filter questions by tags
- New tags activity, similar to stackoverflow.com/tags
- New button when viewing a question that allows you to open it in the browser
- View user profiles and reputation points changes [picture]
- Improved UI: much faster screen orientation changes, some polishing here and there
- View all of a user's reputation points changes
- The two new activities: user profile and user rep changes can also be invoked by other apps. Check out the Intents wiki page
- Reputation points change notifications!! [picture 1 and picture 2]
- Preferences: page size (number of items to load at a time) and font size
- The eternal bugfixes
- A couple of bugfixes
- Improved question display (author reputation points is properly formatted and you get to see when a question or answer was posted)
- Bugfixes, performance improvements
- Awesome landscape viewing of questions
- Adds searching!!
- Can be used by other apps through intents
- Some bugfixes and improvements (thanks to whoever reported the force close)
- First version released on the Android Market
- All, Unanswered, User, Favorite questions, user answers, full question viewing.
Droidstack is an Android app that allows you to browse Stack Exchange websites in a very cool, native kind of way, while keeping a Stack Overflow-like look & feel. The API functionality is powered by StackWrap4J. The awesome icon is created by the talented folk at androidicons.com.
I'm the only one currently working on this app. You can contact me here (comment/answer) or get my email address from here.