Toasty is an antifreeze bot for the Stack Exchange chat system. It automatically sends messages in low-activity rooms to keep the system from freezing them for inactivity. Toasty is usable by any user with at least 200 network-wide reputation through its intuitive web interface.
- Toasty currently only supports https://chat.stackexchange.com, not https://chat.meta.stackexchange.com or https://chat.stackoverflow.com. Support for the other two sites is planned to be added soon.
- Toasty cannot antifreeze rooms that its bot user cannot access; this realistically means that the following cannot be antifrozen:
- Private rooms
- Rooms that are already frozen
- Gallery rooms that Toasty is not allowed to access
- For Gallery rooms, Toasty's bot user must be allowed to send messages. If Toasty is unable to antifreeze a room, an error will be logged under the Runs tab on the room info page.
- Due to an oversight with how rooms are stored, owners of a room that is being antifreezed by Toasty will not see the room in their room list unless they added it themself. (They will still be able to access and edit the room by going to its page directly.) This is planned to be fixed soon.
- Moderators may not be automatically granted the mod role upon creating an account due to an issue with how modship is checked. This is planned to be fixed soon. If you are a moderator and have not been automatically granted the mod role, ping Ginger in the Toasty chatroom. This may also cause users with 200+ reputation on only a few sites to be erroneously denied from creating an account, although this has not happened yet.
The antifreeze jobs run daily, at a randomly selected time within a 3-hour window centered on UTC midnight.
Find Toasty at https://toasty.ginger.rto.community
Toasty was written entirely by me, Ginger. You can discuss it in its dedicated chatroom, which is also linked to in the footer.
Toasty is licensed under the Mozilla Public License 2.0.