There are a few pending flags on posts for applications/scripts/libraries where the advertised program no longer works, sometimes meaning that the link to the source code and/or binary is also dead.
It's not helpful for visitors to Stack Apps to find something that they can't even use, so it seems reasonable to do something about these posts…but I'm undecided as to what. Options include:
- Outright deletion
- Closing with another custom reason
- Locking with the historical significance reason
- Editing the post to include a warning
- Merely posting a comment explaining the status in the hope someone happen to see it
- Shrug and do nothing
- Some other option I didn't consider
I don't have very strong feelings at the moment which one is best, so I'm open to hearing about what everyone feels the approach to these dead posts should be.