Should we ask the dev team politely to enable Stack Snippets here?
It would, primarily, be useful in cases such as your example: support with using the API.
I think people looking for help would always appreciate a minimal example, just to see outputs and how you might go about doing something, and it doesn't take too long to make a snippet!
But it ...
The flag I think you're referring to was a recommend closure flag, which results in the post going to the Close Votes queue – not the actual flag queue, which currently has no backlog.
Our flag response time is pretty good at the moment, sitting at a little under two and a half hours. It had recently been even better than that recently, but I've ...
I don't know for sure what the original problem was, but the most recent issue was a result of implementing a new badge without rebuilding the API. Once the API was pushed to production, the bug was resolved. If it happens again (especially if there's a new badge) please let me (or really any employee) know. We can contact a developer directly.
From a ...
The Informed badge is removed from the "Next badge" tracking. Previously it was listed in the Available badges section. Now it is not available under the Available or Bronze section. So the bug has been fixed recently.
Screenshot for reference:
Copied from the MSE answer
Based on a reasonable response for Stack Apps, this has now been done.
Merged stack-exchange into support (which many of the questions already had) and deleted support from those posts where it didn't apply.
These 24 questions were affected:
This is fixed.
I was able to pin down the issue two web servers. After SRE verified that the URL length settings were fine, I was able to narrow the issue to individual path components over the IIS default of 260 characters as described in https://stackoverflow.com/a/16903689/860000. SRE confirmed that UrlSegmentMaxLength was correct so there was only one ...
If you have TamperMonkey installed, this simple script should fix the problem:
// @name SAHPA (Stack Apps Home Page Aligner)
// @namespace http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version 0.1
// @description Aligns the user names on the StackApps Home Page
// @author anonymous2
// @match http://stackapps.com/
// @grant ...
We moved from nginx to HAProxy for our SSL provider this weekend as part of a larger rollout. In the move, we shifted our header checks to the now de-facto standard SSL protocol header. While I thought I fixed all the apps relying on the old header and standardized everything internally, stackexchange.com was left out and thought your auth requests weren't ...
This seems to have been silently/magically fixed in the last 7 months (Date of Nicos Karalis' comment).
Descriptions seem correct now. I had verified that they weren't correct when I upvoted this question on Apr 29 '14.
Side note: It's not documented, but apparently tag-based badges are not listed unless they have been awarded at least once.
Take a look ...
The bug has been fixed:
Thanks for reporting. We're working on porting our websites to ASP.NET Core, and those errors you've seen were a result of this.
We caught the first error ourselves on a canary build and fixed it since it surfaced in the logs before deploying a full build. That full build contained the 2nd bug (no CORS headers), which we didn't see ...
It looks like this has been fixed. Here's how the templates currently look like:
<!-- thumbnail: https://example.com/some-image.png -->
<!-- version: 1.0 -->
<!-- tag: a-tag-on-the-post -->
<!-- excerpt: Up to 200 characters of excerpt -->
## Screenshot / Code Snippet
I agree it is weird that you get teased for a badge you're unable to earn.
It is worth mentioning that Stack Apps is a bit special as a Question and Answer site within the Stack Exchange family of sites. We are more an "app store" then a proper Q/A site.
I discussed with a CM and my fellow moderators the options we have. I personally wondered why ...
So, this was a fun one. :)
We apparently broke several different things over the course of a year that went unnoticed until Google turned off OpenID support. In no particular order but for fun and posterity:
Facebook OAuth authentication just straight up didn't work. It broke back in January of 2014 when the code was accidentally changed from function ...
Write methods have been added to an unreleased version of the API that's used by the official (albeit in-development) Android app, so it's expected that they'll be made available at some point after that app (and perhaps the one for iPhone) are released to the general public.
…which has now happened. Various write methods are available as of the 2.2 ...
This was fixed in the latest deploy.
The bug was basically selecting the wrong date to display (in this case, an associated post), and the right date for filtering and what not. Since not all badges are associated with a post, not all displayed dates were set and when they were set they were off by some (basically random) amount.