This integration for Zendesk (web-based help desk software) integrates Stack Exchange as a separate channel so that support tickets can be created from any Stack Exchange question by configured tag. As soon as tickets are created, support agents can address them taking advantage of usual Zendesk workflows with views, macros, and triggers.
- All Questions by Tag: This integration creates tickets for all questions by specific Stack Exchange website tag (Stack Exchange website and tag are configured in the Zendesk interface).
- Clickthrough support: Links to Stack Exchange questions and answers on their source websites are added to every ticket created by the integration.
- Channelback support: Answer from Zendesk are automatically replicated in Stack Exchange as answers from your name (option to be selected in settings, single name per tag, AVAILABLE FOR BETA TESTERS ONLY FOR NOW).
- Up to 100 tickets every 2 minutes: Integration is capable of turning 100 Stack Exchange questions/answers into tickets every 2 minutes (per configured tag, answers are added to the questions they belong to).
- Multiple tags & websites supported: You can enable this integration to work with any number of Stack Exchange websites and tags at a time (limited by API quota only).
- Easy installation: Just install the application from Zendesk Marketplace to your instance, add contact information and website/tag - that's it!
More information in FAQ
Please submit bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the GitHub (pull requests welcome)
- The application has been submitted to Zendesk for approval, should be published soon, then link to the app will be updated here and [placeholder] will be removed.
- Channelback (write answer feature) is not available now, please contact us if you would like to beta test it.
How to install the Stack Exchange integration to Zendesk?
To use the Stack Exchange Channel Integration, you'll need to install the app from Zendesk's App Marketplace (coming soon).
To install the Stack Exchange Channel integration:
- Click the Admin icon, then select Apps > Marketplace. Locate and click the Stack Exchange icon.
- Read the Overview, then click the Install app button in the upper right.
- Click the Install button.
- The integration is added to your Channel Integrations page. Click Channels > Channel Integrations to access it.
Connecting your Stack Exchange tag to the Integration:
- Make sure you've navigated to Channels > Channel Integrations
- Click "Add Account"
- Provide all the necessary data
- Click "Save"
- Use "Sign in with Stack Exchange", confirm permissions grant
After the integration is installed and configured, you can easily use it in triggers / views / etc.