I love creating and integrating technologies. I run my own technology business providing contract development and consultancy, in addition to building our own tech.
My typical approach to systems is designing a solution as a ecosystem of small composable services, i.e. "Micro services", using technologies that are right for the particular task.
I believe a strong team is a close-knit one that respects individual strengths and a passion for improvement and a strong workflow is one that channels natural drive end-to-end. Some good techniques and habits for allowing that:
- BDD (what to build, measurable goals, retained focus);
- TDD (how to build it, clear progress, confidence);
- Continuous Integration rapid feedback, reduced entropy; and
- Continuous Delivery releasing early and often, preferring release readiness over features.
A love and respect for your tools greatly increases your ability to develop successful software.
My current favourite tech stacks...
- Scala: Mixes the best parts of FP with OOP.
- Spray: When used with libraries such as JSON4S and with Akka as a foundation makes putting together highly concurrent ReST services a doddle.
- Clojure: Great for real-time Isomorphic applications using ClojureScript and core.async.
- NodeJS: Use with Browserify to create Isomorphic applications.
- Python: Has a great set of libraries to create data analysis tools.
- PHP: Used with Silex, quick and simple to put together web applications.
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.